107 W Aliso St
Ojai, CA 93023
Movement is the key to getting smarter lifelong, generating creative solutions, enjoying flexibility and growth, and connecting fully in satisfying ways. For the last 40+ years*, Katie has been passionately pursuing the power of conscious movement for personal, relational and community evolution. She has gathered the best practices and processes of her long career for this 5-day dive into presencing, connecting and playing into an expanded movement vocabulary.
Benefits of moving:
- lifelong vitality and zest
- freedom of choice and genuine response-ability in life circumstances and changes
- deepening joy in being in a body
- increased intuition and more powerful decision-making
- creative solutions and innovations
You’ll come away from this intensive with an expanded movement vocabulary, the structure for a day-long movement workshop, the process to turn important concepts into experiential processes for deeper learning, and the tools for continuing to create movement memes in your life and work. You’ll experience ways in which movement can solve problems and create new neural pathways—how movement makes you smarter. We’ll learn how to observe our own and others’ movement signatures and to share about movement’s power to others in language that is easily understood.
Focus of course: The 4 Keys To Ongoing Movement Discovery
- Including: The Key Move of Inviting
- Changing: The Key Move of Shifting
- Matching: The Key Move of Resonating
- Creating: The Key Move of Tossing
The seminar will include an extensive manual of principles, research and practices and the download of Katie and Gay’s movement book The Moving Center. If you want to generate an expanded perspective for whatever life path you’re following while having big fun, this seminar will both expand and challenge your growth-ability.
*Katie has been a registered dance-movement therapist since 1975, after completing an apprenticeship as Joan Chodorow’s first student and a member of one of the only therapeutic communities in the country. She was Mary Whitehouse’s protégé in the last years of her life, from whom she learned how to move from the inside out in what Mary called authentic movement. She has specialized in translating concepts such as commitment and responsibility into embodied discovery processes so that people of all ages and life paths can enjoy the power of conscious movement.
Who Can Benefit From This Seminar:
- Anyone interested in experiencing more aliveness and effectiveness regardless of your profession
- No dance training required
June 26 – 30, 2019
- Tuition: $1,995 per person
- Early Bird Rate: $1,495 per individual on or before June 3, 2019.• Repeat Attendees: $995 per individual if you have taken the Mastering the Magic of Movement 5-day course in the past. Must enroll directly with our Enrollment Consultant, Nancy Stubbs – see below for her contact information.• We offer a discounted tuition of $995 per person for the following circumstances. To receive this rate, you must meet the designation and enroll directly with our Enrollment Consultant, Nancy Stubbs – see below for her contact information.• Student (you must be a current and active-status student in a related program of study at the time of enrollment)• Military (Active or Vet)• First Responder (currently/actively employed as an EMT, paramedic, firefighter, police officer; includes trained volunteer/seasonal wildland and municipal firefighters)• Cancellation Policy – 90% refund (10% withheld as a cancellation fee) of the training tuition paid.• Transfer Policy – 10% transfer fee will be assessed and depending upon which future training you choose, the Early Bird discount may be forfeited, requiring additional monies to meet the full tuition amount for that training.
•If you have any questions, please contact our Enrollment Consultant, Nancy Stubbs, at 1-800-688-0772, Ext. 1 (Pacific Time); firstname.lastname@example.org